Excellence in teaching, innovative research and an inclusive community at Vancouver Island University prepare students for success in every aspect of life.
VIU is a public university on the west coast of Canada with campuses on the traditional territory of the Snuneymuxw, Quw’utsun, Tla’amin, Snaw-naw-as and Qualicum First Nations.
VIU started out as the Dominion-Provincial Youth Training Centre in 1938. We have adapted to the needs of the community over the years. By the 1950s we began attracting international attention for innovation and hands-on learning. In 1969, we became Malaspina College. April 2008 saw the transition to Vancouver Island University. Today we are a full university with robust academic offerings, and, true to our roots, we continue to offer trades and vocational training.
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Leisure Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Community Planning
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Master of Education in Special Education
- Master of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Applications
- Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Graduate Diploma in International Trade
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Leisure Management
- Inclusive Education (Special Education) Graduate Diploma
- Literacy, Language, and Learning Graduate Diploma
- Online Learning and Teaching Graduate Diploma
- Teacher Leadership Graduate Diploma
- Psychedelic-assisted Therapy
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Post-Degree Diploma in Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Post-Degree Diploma in Natural Resource Law Enforcement
- Post-Degree Diploma in Languages and Culture (Romance Languages)
- Bachelor of Education – Post Baccalaureate
- Advanced Diploma in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Applications
We’re the global leaders. Find out why we are the best at what we do.
Listen to what other students have to say about their experiences abroad.